There are endless paths for snowboarders – Olympic hopefuls, backcountry mavens, weekend warriors, park rats and podium regulars. Once you make it, i.e. get paid to snowboard for a living, thousands (or hopefully millions) of riders will look up to you for inspiration and motivation to ride harder. Along the way, refreshing, encouraging, and hilarious quotes have come out of the mouths of these legends. So once your monthly check to ride comes in regularly, be careful what you say, for it might go viral!
- “There’s no blueprint to snowboarding, you know? You can really just make your own mark.” – Sage Kotsenburg
- “Ahhh I wish the Shochi medals were made out of bacon, though!” – Sage Kotsenburg
- “I rode my heart out today and am very satisfied. The rest is out of my hands.” – Mark McMorris
- “We all started snowboarding in the beginning as a family just to be closer together, go on trips. It was our soccer, but instead of Dad yelling at me from the sideline he is there riding with me and hitting the jumps even before I am hitting them.” – Shaun White
- “My experience and what I do in snowboarding is really quite independent of the industry and the more independent it is, the more pure and better I feel about snowboarding.” – Craig Kelly
- “What guides me, and what always has, is that I am still looking for my place.” – Gigi Ruf
- “When hell freezes over, I’ll snowboard there too.” – Unknown
- “Everything looks clearer from the top of the mountain.” – Unknown
- “Ride to live. Live to ride.” – Unknown
- “Your parents say you need direction. What’s wrong with down?” – Unkown
- “There are no friends on powder day.” – Unknown
- “Go big or go home!” – Unknown
- “If you’re not falling down, you’re not trying hard enough.” – Unknown
- “I know a lot of people who used to ski, but I don’t know anyone who used to snowboard.” – Unknown
- “I wouldn’t even call snowboarding a sport. For me it’s just a way of life. It’s a chance to finally shut your brain off, and live within the moment. And, for as long as I am able, I will ride until the day I die.” – Travis Rice
- “In snowboarding, there’s a huge focus on style. It’s the aesthetic that draws us in.” – Seth Wescott
- “Snowboarding is an activity that is very popular with people who do not feel that skiing is lethal enough.” – Dave Barry
- “You know it’s funny what’s happening to us. Our lives have become digital. Our friends now virtual, and everything you could ever want to know is only a click away. Experiencing the world through endless second hand information is not enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it.” – Travis Rice in The Art of Flight
This is just a start. Let us know your favorite inspirational snowboard quotes.
Or grab your snowboard and create your own.