In this video HOW II we take a look at how to build a longboard. We explore putting together a longboard with a drop-through deck style. This process is slightly different than your traditional top mount longboard or skateboard.
We will assume that you have a deck with griptape already installed. If you are curious on how to grip your deck, check out our video on how to build a skateboard for proper instructions on applying grip tape. Let’s do it…‘How to Build a Longboard’ with Windward Boardshop and the man in the black pajamas.
how to build a longboard
- bearings & spacers
step 1: disassembling the truck
- Using your tool remove the kingpin bolt, bushings, and hanger.
step 2: attaching the trucks
- Insert the base plate with the kingpin facing the end of the deck.
- Insert your bolts, add the washers, then tighten the nuts.
- Place your bottom busing first, then the hanger. After that, add the top bushing, pivot cup & kingpin bolt.
step 3: attaching wheels and bearings
- Add the first bearing.press the wheel firmly down on the bearing until it sets into place.
- Add spacer and second bearing on the other side of the wheel.
- Finally, add the second washer & bolt.