Description: Starboard Go Windsurf Board 171L
For a stable, comfortable and versatile board that will take you from a green newbie to a show-boating expert, the Starboard Go Windsurf Board 141L is tough to beat. Ideal for learning the basics like planing, hooking in and waterstarts, the Go has a slimmer and wider design that makes it more stable and easier to control with a fun and responsive ride that will have you riding like a pro from day one. From your very first trip, this board will help you master the art of windsurfing with speed and control, and make sure you maximize your fun on the water this season!
Key Features of the Starboard Go Windsurf Board 141L:
- Wide outlines coupled with a thinner profile forms for more efficiency:
- By making the outlines wider, the boards will have better low-speed stability: this is important when uphauling or completing your jibes for example.
- By making the profiles thinner, these wider boards don't feel big - on the contrary, the lower center of gravity makes the board more responsive to foot- steering, quicker to carve and bite sharper into jibes.
- The combination of width and thinness also increases wind range: on one hand, the extra width allows the rider to fit a deeper fin and a larger sail, giving it more light wind power. On the other hand, the low volume from the thin profile allows the board to be more controllable in high winds, using a smaller sail and a smaller fin.
- The tail area of the deck remains heavily domed so that the board remains comfortable underfoot, in any strap position and even outside of the straps. The GOs are very accessible and comfortable to ride.
- Essentially a GO 171 with an added daggerboard, this blend gives a unique freeride board that has plenty of width, plenty of volume, an exciting free ride and the ability to glide upwind in lightwinds.
- The Clipperbox Daggerboard system also minimizes the disadvantage of having a daggerboard in a freeride shape: the daggerboard can be clipped out in an instant and the one-way rubber lips system prevents water from gushing through the daggerboard case at high speeds: the board remains light, crisp and free as it skims over the water.
- In the GO range the GO Windsurfer keeps the same shape as before. Why has it not been upgraded to the slimmer concept along with the others?
- The answer is simple: we tested the slimmer, wider shapes with a daggerboard and the loss of smooth gliding and the reduced length made the new shape inadequate for the Windsurfer concept.
- If you compare the length and width of the GO Windsurfer 171 against the GO 161, you will see that the GO Windsurfer is longer and narrower. This gives it the better blend of non-planing glide and planing performance. It feels just right.
- Length: 251L
- Volume: 141cm
- Width: 79.5cm
- Tail Width: 49.7cm
- Thickness: 12.7cm
- Bottom shape (from tail to nose): Flat Vee
- Number of footstrap rows : 3
- Fin: Drake Freeride Power 460
- Finbox: Tuttle
- Recommended sail range: 6.0-9.5
- Weight (Tufskin AST): 10.55
||Bottom shape (from tail to nose)
||Number of footstrap rows
||Recommended fin range
||Recommended sail range
||Flat Vee to Double Concave
||Drake Freeride Glide 400 + 2 x Drake Shallow 310 + Plugs
||Drake Freeride Power 400
||Drake Freeride Power 440
||Drake Freeride Power 460
||Drake Freeride Power 500 + Drake Shallow 410
||Drake Freeride Power 500 + Drake Shallow 410 + Plugs
||Drake Freeride Power 520 + Drake Shallow 410 + Clipperbox Daggerboard 570
Past Season Product