Description: K2 A.M.P. Photon Skis - Kids, Youth
The Photon matches forgiveness with control by applying All-Terrain Rocker to a 76mm waist and an all new M3 binding system. This ski will lead recreational skiers to every corner of the resort with stability and ease, expanding comfort zones with every run. For those seeking more days on-hill per season, the Photon is light on the wallet and heavy on the fun.
Key Features of K2 A.M.P. Photon Skis:
- ALL TERRAIN ROCKER: ROCKER: Easy initiation, versatility, agility. All-Terrain Rocker features an elevated tip for variable and soft snow performance, as well as camber underfoot for power, energy, and edge-hold in firmer conditions. Simply put, All-Terrain Rocker offers versatility and ease in all snow conditions.
- MOD MONIC: A Focused Mass-DampenerThe Monic is a solid zinc mass that works in conjunction with the Mod structure to focus mass-dampening at a targeted location.
- CAP CONSTRUCTION: Durable and lightweight "cap" skis are built by a sophisticated molding process that envelopes the core and internal materials with the top layer of the ski. Used throughout our ski line, cap constructions can be assembled with a variety of different cores. These variations, such as glass and/or metal materials, are the determining factors of the skis' performance.
- TRIAXIAL BRAIDING: Triaxial braiding consists of braiding fiberglass around a wood core to provide torsional rigidity for added control. Developed in 1988 by K2 engineers, the patented triaxial braiding machine interlocks strands of fiberglass around a milled wood core. While flex and torsion vary depending on the wood, Triaxially braided skis share the common traits of ease, forgiveness, responsiveness, and energy in both expert and entry level skis.
- MOD TECHNOLOGY: High-Performance Suspension System Mod functions by absorbing vibrations and impact loads along the entire ski, providing stronger edge-hold and a higher degree of power and control. Mod is a secondary core that flexes and moves on top of the primary core, allowing the overall ski flex to be unaffected.
- Sidecut: 120/76/104