Description: Union Expedition Splitboard Bindings
Built to minimize the time it takes to convert from climb mode to ride mode, the Union Split System is not only simple to use, but the unique connection between binding and board also maintains the torsional strength of your splitboard. This gives you the performance you expect from your snowboard along with the performance you expect from Union.
No compromises were made to our binding platform when redesigning it around the function of splitboard performance. We use the same guaranteed heelcups, ratchets, straps, and materials in our split binding as we do throughout our entire product line. Split bindings do not only have to be used with split boards. If you have a quiver of decks to choose from when the situation calls, just mount the Union Split System disc on each one. With the push of a pin you can swap your Expedition bindings between each board quicker than it takes to lace your boots.
Key Features of Union Expedition Splitboard Bindings:
- Duraflex ST SP1 Base: Once injected with Duraflex ST Nylon, SP1 Expedition base becomes an even stiffer, backcountry access machine. Developed and rigorously tested by none other than Travis Rice and Bryan Iguchi
- Synthetic EVA 3.0 Bushing: Shocking absorbing synthetic bushings are durable and an outstanding compliment for the smooth, natural ride of the SP1 base
- Extruded 3D Aluminum Heelcups: The rigidity and strength of Extruded Aluminum acts like a roll cage on a race car - stiffening the entire chassis. The male/female connection with the base provides seamless response
- Symmetric Duraflex Highbacks: Designed specifically for touring, Expedition Highbacks features an adjustable quick-snap forward lean adjuster that goes from tour to riding mode with the flick of your fingers
- 3D Symmetric Ankle Straps: Direct Connect System locks you in with zero strap elasticity. The MultiLayer Core inside provides supreme comfort, and conforms across the top of your foot
- Magnesium Ratchets: This Union exclusive process produces a material 4 times the strength of aluminum with only 1/2 the weight. Plus magnesium is easily recycled and remains the eighth most abundant element on the planet
- Split Pin System: Pin serve as a common method of connection for some of the top performing split systems on the market. Union takes this mounting approach a step further by combining the pin with Union''s Split System baseplate for further connectivity