Description: Tubbs Flex Trk Snowshoes Navy/Gray
The Tubbs Flex Trk Snowshoe Kit is a really great kit for beginners and experts alike. This kit offers a great opportunity for one to learn about snowshoes and how they work. It is sold at a great price and will thoroughly guide you on how snowshoes work and why they are important in the snow. Tubbs created an item that will guide beginners throughout their lives without failing them. These snowshoes are very durable, light, and they will guide you through the snow very gracefully.
- FLEX Tail: The ergonomically and biomechanically designed FLEX Tail absorbs shock from heel strike, reducing the amount of stress on your joints and allowing you to snowshoe farther, longer and with less stress on your body.
- Torsion Deck: Tubbs' advanced Torsion Deck design adapts to variable snow conditions underfoot. The decks allow torsional articulation throughout the body of the snowshoe, enhancing traction, biomechanics and comfort on uneven terrain.
- Rotating Toe Cord - Rotation Limiter: Rotating Toe Cord design enables the tail of the snowshoe to drop and snow to shed off the tail, reducing cardio-respiratory strain by 7%. The underfoot pivot point also allows the toe traction teeth to bite deeply into the snow when weighted. A rotation limiter prevents over-rotation and shin bang.
- QuickFLEX Binding: Molded, asymmetric QuickFLEX binding is gender specific with patented Control Wings to center the boot. A dual pull strap system secures fit while a cinch pull strap makes entry and exit easy. Heel strap pulls tight against boot's rand, centering and securing the boot in position.
- Traction Rails: Carbon steel toe crampon, ergonomically placed under foot, maximizes weighted traction and responsiveness while 3D curved Traction Rails ensure superior side-hill grip in hard or icy conditions. Progressive molded Snow Brakes, on the deck as well as the Soft Strike zone, improve weighted traction.
No you do not have to buy special shoes / boots to go along with the Mens Tubbs Flex Trk Snowshoes. The mounting straps fit a wide range of boot sizes; I've used my hiking boots, snowboard boots, and casual winter boots (Sorels) snowshoeing. I prefer to use boots that have a little bit of ankle support. Dec 17, 2013