|Fin Box:||Tuttle Box, 52cm 41cm|
|Dagger System:||Yes, 57cm|
|Recommended Use:||Entry Level, Flat Water, All Around, Freeride|
|Manufacturer Warranty:||1 Year|
Description: Starboard Go Windsurfer Windsurf Board 171L
The GO Windsurfer is the natural concept born out of the Starboard Share Windsurfing movement. It is currently the world''s most stable freeride board with a daggerboard.
With the Go 171 shape, we have an amazingly versatile, fun and stable board with plenty of performance for the advanced windsurfer. Fast, exciting to ride and with supremely easy jibing abilities, the GO 171 shape also has plenty of stability, plenty of volume and some extra length to glide smoothly along in light winds.
From these ingredients came a simple idea: add a retractable daggerboard to make the GO Windsurfer the perfect board to crossover between high-wind freeride performance, entry-level windsurfing and summer-time light wind cruises.
The addition of Starboard''s Clipperbox system however, is unlike adding just any a conventional daggerboard system. The new Starboard Clipperbox plays two key roles in making the GO Windsurfer concept special:
Firstly, the new Clipperbox system allows the daggerboard to be removed entirely from the board without tools, in a fraction of a second. Simply pull it out when not needed (to save weight), and push it back in when cruising in lightwinds and teaching friends and family.
Secondly, the Clipperbox system has a smart plastic L-plate glued to the inside of the rubber lips. This L-plate system creates a one way system where the daggerboard can be extracted but the water cannot gush through the board in full planing mode.
This simple innovation transforms the idea of adding daggerboard system to a freeride board as it no longer compromises full planing performance; no more draggy, slow, sticky feelings. The GO Windsurfer, with the daggerboard removed, planes and up rides just like a board without a daggerboard box. These key elements combine to make the new GO Windsurfer a magical board to share the joys of windsurfing: an amazingly versatile shape, an easily removable daggerboard and the efficient one-way rubber lips system.
The GO Windsurfer, like the GO family, comes with a host of neat features that make windsurfing more enjoyable, simpler and easier.
- Carry handle in the centre: makes carrying the board under-arm easy.
- Full soft EVA deck: comfortable for your feet, knees and elbows. You get lots of grip without the cuts or rashes.
- Foostrap positions for every level of sailing: beginner, intermediates and advanced.
- Carry handle under the nose: makes carrying the board by two people more convenient.
- The GO Windsurfer is delivered with two fins - a shallow fin that makes handling easier for beginners, including the first steps in shallower water, and a deeper, high performance fin that unlocks the full performance potential of the GO.
- Length (cm): 271
- Width (cm): 85.5
- Thickness (cm): 14.8
- Tail Width (cm): 54.6
- Volume (L): 171
- Weight: 16.95
- Fin: Drake Freeride Power 520 + Drake Shallow 410 + Clipperbox Daggerboard 570
- Fin Box: Tuttle
- Recommended Sail Range: 7.0-10
Go Windsurfer 171L