|Manufacturer Warranty:||1 Year|
Description: Starboard Go AST Windsurf Board 121L
The GO are Starboard’s iconic range of progressive freeriders
They are the original, comfortable, stable and easy all-round designs that have transformed modern windsurfing by making it easy to progress from early-learner to advanced rider.
What’s progressive freeriding? It’s about getting planing, hooking in to the harness, learning to waterstart, learning to windsurf with speed and power and mastering the carve jibe.
The all-new 2013 GOs share the same ultra-modern slim shapes as the new 2013 Carve range. Wider and slimmer than ever, they enjoy a wider wind range than before. With the extra width comes more stability and earlier planing, and the ability to use bigger sails and deeper fins. With reduced thickness comes a sharper, more race-like sensation and improved control in higher winds.
The new 8% slimmer GO boards: slim and fast.
The GO boards are designed around three key principles: make planing easy, make the ride fast and exciting, and make the handling fun and responsive. Sharing the same shape as the latest slimmer Carves, these new shapes have proven to score almost perfectly in freeride tests: WindsurfJournal Freeride Test, Special '12 issue, Germany
- Planing: 10/10
- Acceleration: 10/10
- Top speed in low winds: 10/10
- Top speed in high winds: 10/10
- Top end control: 10/10
- Maneuverability: 10/10
- Keep planing: 9/10
- Userfriendliness: 10/10
- Wide outlines coupled with a thinner profile forms for more efficiency:
- By making the outlines wider, the boards will have better low-speed stability: this is important when uphauling or completing your jibes for example.
- By making the profiles thinner, these wider boards don’t feel big – on the contrary, the lower center of gravity makes the board more responsive to foot- steering, quicker to carve and bite sharper into jibes.
- The combination of width and thinness also increases wind range: on one hand, the extra width allows the rider to fit a deeper fin and a larger sail, giving it more light wind power. On the other hand, the low volume from the thin profile allows the board to be more controllable in high winds, using a smaller sail and a smaller fin.
- The tail area of the deck remains heavily domed so that the board remains comfortable underfoot, in any strap position and even outside of the straps. The GOs are very accessible and comfortable to ride.
|Model||Go 121||Go 131||Go 141||Go 151||Go 171|
|Bottom shape (from tail to nose)||Flat Vee||Flat Vee||Flat Vee||Flat Vee||Flat Vee|
|Number of footstrap rows||3||3||3||3||3|
|Fin||Drake Freeride Power 400||Drake Freeride Power 440||Drake Freeride Power 460||Drake Freeride Power 480 + Drake Shallow 410||Drake Freeride Power 520 + Drake Shallow 410|
|Recommended fin range||36-42||38-46||40-48||42-50||46-54|
|Recommended sail range||5.0-8.0||5.5-9.0||6.0-9.5||6.5-10||7.0-10|