|Fin Box:||Tuttle Box|
|Recommended Use:||Flat Water, Wave, Bump & Jump, All Around, Freeride|
|Manufacturer Warranty:||1 Year|
Description: Starboard Carve AST Windsurf Board 121
The new Carves. The classic freeriders are back, with their famous blend of easy, exciting and balanced performance.
The Carves are about fast, easy jibes and exhilarating rides. They offer a more classic, accessible feel with a quick, easy carving response and that special magic-touch ride that has made their fame. Plug in and play.
A classic freerider by design
A generous deck dome offers plenty of ergonomic comfort - whether inboard or outboard strap settings are used. These strap settings are positioned to mix performance, comfort and accessibility.
The shapes'' classic vee distribution, with more vee in the tail and less in the front, their even volume distribution and added nose length, all contribute to the classic riding feel with extra longitudinal balance at lower speeds. DFC (Dual Flat Concept) rockerline offer straight line speed with a lively and exciting ride. The new Carve tail design also packs some extra volume to add jibing forgiveness: it helps the rider float out of the maneuver without sinking too fast.
"The 151 and 171 are two superb freeride shapes that are amazingly fun and easy to ride, with lots of performance and excitement. Personally, I had more fun riding the Carve 171 th n smaller boards in the 120 litre range, in 7.0 conditions. Planing jibes never came as easy, the boards just cruise through chop and their own momentum just lets the boards plane through.. I never thought my favourite board in the entire Starboard range would be so big; these new shapes are truly magical." Tiesda You, Starboard R&D.
- Moderately wide shapes blend a classic feel with a degree of wind range, bottom end power and low speed stability
- An even volume distribution and a longer nose length offers more longitudinal stability
- Decks are heavily domed to provide full comfort in all strap positions: inboard or outboard
- Classic vee distribution on the bottom, with more vee in the tail and less vee in the nose
- New Freeride Power fin: relatively thick and stiff, the Freeride Power is very powerful and allows the rider to drive off the fin to accelerate. The fin planes up effortlessly and keeps its power in the lulls. The reduced flex also translates into more control in rough water conditions or high winds, as the fin will help maintain the board flat
- Dual Flat concept (DFC) rockerlines: the flat section under your feet is the main planing area. The second flat section in the tail provides tail kick to loosen the board, add maneuverability and free up the board, without compromising top speed or acceleration
- Multiple insert positions offer tuning options for intermediate/advanced/expert riders
Carve AST 121