Description: Loaded Dervish Sama Flex 2 Longboard Complete
If you''re looking to do everything longboarding encompasses, then look no further than the Loaded Dervish Sama Flex 2 Longboard. With its symmetrical design, drop through truck mounting, nose and tail kicks, and a deeper concave shape, this board is designed to cruise, slide, ollie, carve, even take it off roading if you dare! The medium flex and wider platform gives the rider a solid ground to move around on, so taking that corner at high speeds wont be as sketchy and trying to landing those manuals wont leave you bloody.
Key Features of the Loaded Dervish Sama Flex 2 Longboard Complete:
- Length: 42.8" / 109 cm
- Width: 9" / 22.9 cm
- Wheelbase: 31.5" / 80 cm
- Weight: deck only: 3.0 - 3.6 lbs / 1.4 - 1.6 kg
- complete: 7.0 - 7.6 lbs / 3.2 - 3.4 kg
- Using sophisticated (for us) design software and curvature calculations, we extensively tested various different widths and subtle changes to the deck shape. We then collectively decided that this new 9" wide shape (the old Dervish was 8.5" with a different neck curvature) provided a satisfactory balance of comfort, edge control, and responsiveness.
- The Dervish Sama also received a more pronounced concave profile, which is further augmented by the increased deck width. The result is improved edge feel for turn initiation and extra control while sliding.
- To keep up with the current caliber of freestyle riding, we gave the Dervish the most tasteful of nosejobs. After testing several new shapes and sizes, we lengthened the tips for additional leverage, widened the neck to increase durability and ensure a consistent flex pattern through the entire deck, and added subtle kicks to increase pop and to lock your feet in. The kicks are reinforced with an extra layer of fiberglass for added stiffness and durability.
- A six-piece symmetrical griptape pattern was designed with performance and elegance in mind. The two sections at the kicks use an aggressive, rougher-grit grip to provide enhanced control and security for manuals and freestyle tricks. The four middle sections use a milder, finer-grit grip (comparable to street skate grip) to facilitate dancing and footwork maneuvers. The segmented design yields functional coverage without interfering with the boards flex pattern.
- The Dervish Sama''s versatility lends it to many disciplines, but at its heart lies a deeply rooted passion for carving. The cambered platform and weight-tailored flex pattern work together synergistically to provide a lively, flowing ride. Press your weight into a turn to preload the deck''s curvature; unweight as you finish the carve and feel the board snap back with positive energy return.
Dervish Sama Flex 2