Description: Severne Blade Windsurf Sail
Gain full control with the Severne Blade Windsurf Sail! This new sail from Severne attempts to blend powerful riding with optimal control and does a wonderful job. Our EM3 fabric makes this top of the line sail perfect for more advanced riders and their beginning counterparts with its low swing weight. By utilizing a unique Spiderfibre construction, fiberglass has been added to the sail to increase overall durability and reduce weight to ensure you glide faster. Add the Severne Blade Windsurf Sail to any reputable board and you'll be surfing in style!
Key Features of the Severne Blade Windsurf Sail:
- I00% X-PLY
- DOUBLE SEAMS. EVERYWHERE.
- TIME TESTED DURABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
- TPR KEVLAR ANTI-ABRASION HEAD PATCH: Protects the adjustment webbing and head assembly stitching from wear during rigging, carrying and launching.
- SEAMLESS HEAD PANEL: This high abrasion area is made from only I panel and does not carry any exposed seams, preventing any potential weak point in this area. As a result, seam creep and seam-related failure have been eliminated.
- EM3-DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: eM3 is developed to combine the performance of the e-series cloths with maximum durability. The addition of a 90-degree pre preg polyester scrim has provided unique tear resistant characteristics and the off-axis loads are carried through the 22-degree X-ply fibres. The red and new blue adhesive maintain the UV resistance and tear strength, while the reduced film thickness significantly reduces the weight. The use in the upper panels reduces not only the overall sail weight, but also the swing weight, aiding manoeuvrability and control. Used in the BLADE and in the FREEK. SCRIM: Polyester X-PLY: Polyester GSM: I60.6Igsm
- DOUBLE SEAMS: All Severne wave sails have 25mm double stitched window seams. The wider, single colour seam tape ensures maximum tear strength and crash resistance
- SLEEVE POP UP: Enables the mast to be inserted into the top of the boom cut-out, without having to leave your comfortable seat at the foot of the sail.
- BOOM HEIGHT REFERENCE: Boom height gauge for ease of reference.
- KS OPTIC X-PLY-TWISTED FIBRE TECHNOLOGY: Twisted Spectra and Aramid fibres give unprecedented strength, while wider spacing maximizes vision. Used in the window areas of selected sails. X-PLY: Spectra and Aramid GSM: 179.03gsm
- SPIDERFIBRE: A web of fibreglass filament that disburses loads across seams and throughout the body of the sail. By using stronger, lighter fibres and reducing sail patching, we can measurably reduce weight and swing weigh and at the same time, increase strength.
- TITANIUM CLEW RING: This design reduces clew weight and swing weight. (Half the weight of standard stainless steel clew rings)
- HD DYNEEMA X-PLY-HEAVY DUTY: The toughest material used in SEVERNE sails. The 'Twisted-Fibre' technology is utilised for maximum tear resistance. Large denier Dyneema fibres are twisted with polyester fibres (resulting in a I200denier combination) for unparalleled strength without fibre creep. Tighter fibre spacing and thicker 5mil film add to the durability and the white UV protection ensures longevity. Used in foot panels for bombproof durability. X-PLY: Dyneema and Polyester GSM: 224.86gsm
- SEAMLESS FOOT CONSTRUCTION: A single panel in the foot area with hidden load patches and zero exposed stitching eliminates seam abrasion and seam creep in this high load area. Maximum durability and minimum weight.
- MOLDED SOFT EDGE: With recessed grooving, covering any vulnerable stitching the moulded soft edge encloses the hard edge long the foot of the sail and protects the stitching from wear along the board non-skid.
- MOLDED TACK FAIRING: Protects your board from impact and neatly covers the foot detailing. It incorporates the rope stash pocket for easy storage of your downhaul rope.