|Recommended Use:||General, Commuter|
Description: SE Tripel Bike 2014
The SE Tripel Bike is an urban machine worth bragging about. It features a traditional urban frame design but has a butted top and down tube for added strength. Like the name implies, a huge feature on this bike is the Shimano Nexus 3-speed internal rear hub. It has a Revo shifter built into the grip and unlike your Dad's old 10-speed, you can downshift while you are sitting still at a traffic light. No matter where you go, the Tripel will be ready to roll on high-profile double wall rims and Vera City tires.
- SIZES: 49cm, 52cm, 55cm, 58cm
- COLOR(S:) Matte Grey, Orange
- FRAME: Urban Single Speed Design, Butted Top Tube and Down Tube, Water Bottle and Fender Mounts, Wide Tire Clearance
- FORK: SE straight Leg Hi-Ten with Fender Mounts and Wide Tire Clearance
- CRANKSET: SE Steel, Euro Cartridge BB, 42T SE Bubble Chainwheel
- PEDALS: SE Resin Platform
- CHAIN: KMC Z410A
- WHEELSET: SE 36H Hubs with High-profile Double-Wall Rims, 16T Shimano Nexus 3-speed Internal Coaster Brake
- TIRES: Vera City Wide 700 x 28c
- BRAKES: N/A
- BRAKE LEVERS: N/A
- HEADSET: Tange 1-1/8" Threadless
- HANDLEBAR: SE 24" x 1" Sweep-Back Bar
- STEM: SE Alloy, 25.4mm Clamp
- TAPE/ GRIP: Smooth Grip with Rubber SE End Plugs
- SEAT: SE Classic with Bottle Opener
- SEAT POST: SE Micro Adjust Alloy, 27.2mm
- EXTRAS: Shimano Nexus 3-speed Revo Shift
- WEIGHT, LBS/ KG: 27.80 lbs/ 12.61kgs (55cm)
|TOP TUBE, EFFECTIVE||553||562||573||580|
|SEAT TUBE ANGLE||74°||74°||74°||74°|
|HEAD TUBE ANGLE||72°||72°||72°||72°|
|BOTTOM BRACKET HEIGHT||282||282||282||282|
|SEAT POST DIAMETER||27.2||27.2||27.2||27.2|
NOTE: All bikes are sold and delivered partially assembled. Final assembly should be done by a certified bike technician. Failure to have the bike assembled by a certified bike technician may void the warranty and could result in damage and/or injury if not assembled correctly.
The only negatives are the handlebars. The way they are oriented it tends to put a lot of pressure on the outside of my hands and, intern, my wrists. I find myself putting my hands on the crossbar rather than the designated grips.
Also, the shifter is temperamental in 2nd gear. It will jump around from 2nd to 1st and every once in a while into 3rd. My wife has the same bike and gear system and have no problems as she does most of her riding in 2nd. I assume I just need to make some adjustments.
1 month ago
For a perfect answer... specific to you, I recommend you chat with our bike shop: 1 (800) 409-7669. Beyond that, SE suggests the 19.5in / 49cm frame would be the best option for you.