Manufacturers understand that gear is going to take abuse when it is used. It should be built and designed correctly to withstand that abuse to serve its purpose. Because of that, most manufacturers provide a warranty against defects and workmanship on their part. Most products sold by The House are covered by the individual manufacturers warranty. However, each manufacturer will have a separate warranty for different products. Checking the specified manufacturer’s website may help to guide your decision in whether or not you should pursue a warranty claim. The process of a warranty claim can take up to 30 days. Ultimately, it will be the original manufacturer that will decide the final outcome of the claim.
The process following a warranty claim goes as follows:
- Ship the product to us here at The House. It is your responsibility to get the damaged product to us.
- We’ll receive the product and give it a quick look over.
- We then ship it to the manufacturer at no cost to you.
- They will review the claim and give us their decision.
- At that time we will send you out either the new product or your old product, depending on their decision, at no cost to you.
A step by step guide:
If your merchandise is damaged and you believe it should be covered under the Manufacturers warranty, here is a more detailed explanation of how the process should look.
To begin the process:
- Give us a call here, our customer service will be able to help determine if your case is covered under warranty. [1-800-992-7245]
- If approved, you can then begin to fill out the Warranty Claim Form. This is the part where you get to describe what has happened and the damage that has been done. This form is available as a PDF file (Download Here), or it can be mailed or faxed to you by our customer service.
- Pack it up! Box up the damaged goods, along with the completed warranty form.
- Use the pre-printed mailing label found at the bottom of your invoice to ship it back. This will contain both of the addresses needed to ship the package back to us. Keep in mind that this is a pre-printed label, not a pre-paid label. Remember, you are responsible for getting the product to us.
- Return that box to us via Fed-Ex, UPS ground, or US Mail, Insured with tracking capabilities.
- KEEP YOUR TRACKING NUMBER! The merchandise is still yours until we receive it. Lost returns need to be sent through the lost package claim via the shipper. Thus further delaying the warranty process.
If you cannot locate the pre-printed label, you can address it as follows:Warranty department 200 S Owasso Blvd. E St Paul, MN 55117