|Core:||Pop Core Matrix|
|Manufacturer Warranty:||1 Year|
Description: Rome Postermania Snowboard 159
The Rome Postermania Snowboard is an all around fun, loose board that screams versatility. This sucker will do whatever you want and make it feel easy. Fresh powder, jumps, rails, boxes, anything and everything is within your reach. A wood core with a 90 degree fiberglass on top and a durable base that's designed to suck up wax quickly are just a few features you might enjoy. Postermania has just the right flex and control to make you a happy shredder all day long.
- Pop Rock Reverse Camber- Traditional Rocker or Reverse Camber profile that is loose and fun for riders. It is easy to press, butter, ride switch and float in powder. Never catch an edge.
- Pop Core Matrix- It is important that the inside of your snowboard is wood so it reduces vibration and lasts many seasons.
- StraightBiax Carbon Laminate- Biaxle or a 90 degree fiberglass weave is soft flexing for easy presses, jibs and butters. When you add carbon fiber, you will see increased ollie power. This is a very fun stiffness.
- SinterTrue Base- A fast wax absorbing base that is more durable to handle the abuse of rails.
- Carbon V Stringer Technology- More Carbon! This is a v shaped Carbon Torsion Fork from the binding to the contact point of the snowboard. Soft in the center and snappy on the ends.
- Basalt Impact Plates- These are eco-friendly plates that add more support under your bindings so your board does not break.
- Park Edge Bevel-2 degree base/-2 degree side. Boardslide without fear and still rip a turn early in the morning!
|Effective Edge (cm)|
|Tip Width (cm)|
|Tail Width (cm)|
|Waist Width (cm)||248||246||248||250||252||254|
Customer Reviews | Add Your Review!
"Great all over"
The board's description is dead on. It is not a jib stick, and not an all mountain board. it is both! I had fun hitting rails, jumps, and some leftover pow on the sides of the trails. The board was extremely easy to ride in all conditions. It was a little stiffer than I would have liked for jibs, but the added stability is great for everything else.
I received this board just before heading to Northern MI for a weekend snowboard trip. Started out riding the groomers and immediately noticed how smooth and easy it is to ride this board. Took it to the small features park next (novice park rider), hit some rails and boxes. 50/50s easily (catch-free edges). Hit some small kickers, landings felt solid. Good pop, too.
This board out the plastic is pretty light. It has some good pop for ollies and jumps. It also has a sintered base which is a pro for a freestyle board. The based seemed faster than my previous board. It presses easy, but stands up pretty well to the chop also. I was able to take it on some runs and didn't notice a ton of chatter or ever feel like I was going to wash out. In the park the flex helped for boxes and rails, and for landing sketchy jumps. I detuned the tip and tail but still had issues catching edges on boxes b/c the factory edges are really sharp. Not a con for plain ole free riding, but if you go to the park you may need to watch it. It not really a con depending on what you plan on doing with the board but some may take a file to them just to dull them down a bit.
"Perfect Rocker for park to pow"
The Postermania is the perfect Rocker deck for riders who like to rock out in the park then take their bag of tricks to the pow. The healthy dose of Reverse Free Rocker between the bindings provides a loose catch free feel that presses with ease and floats in deep pow effortlessly. If you want one deck that can press a box in the park one second and press a pillow line of pow the next the Postermania was made for you. Add to this Rome's Impact Plates under the bindings for Pop and bomb proof construction that can take a beating and you have a winner that will kill it in all situations.
The 2011 Postermania is a SUPER fun board. Hot laps in the park, hitting natural features off trail and playing around on the groomers, it is no disappointment. I liked this board a lot but, it could have just been me, but it felt like the nose & tail were really wide. It was just a really different feel after riding the Pusher just before it. The board is a whole lot of fun and makes jibbing smooth and buttering a cake walk.
"Super fun board!"
This is a great board for park and all mountain freestyle. The flex is soft but still stiff enough to hold a decent carve, I could ride this all over the mountain. The reverse free camber makes the board very easy to spin and butter without catching edges, compared to a traditional camber board it just has a very fun feel to it. The reverse camber I found is also good for technical riding going through mogul fields or tight tree runs since it's so easy to turn. The only cons is I found it to be not that stable bombing down runs at high speed or carving down steep runs, but it's not designed for that type of riding and this is comparing it to a Rome Anthem. Overall it's a great choice for a park or freestyle board, definitely a good way to go if you already have a stiffer board for free riding.