|Type:||Freestyle, All Mountain|
|Ability Level:||Entry Level|
|Manufacturer Warranty:||1 Year|
Description: 2117 Of Sweden Identity Wide Snowboard
Whether you're a park rat or a backcountry guru, the versatile performance of the 2117 Of Sweden Identity Wide Snowboard for men will help you pick apart the terrain on the mountain. With a directional twin shape and centered stance setup, this board is built to stay stable at high speeds and remain balanced in the air so you can stomp everything, from crazy cliff lines to big airs in the park. Featuring a Zero Camber flat profile, you'll float on top of bottomless snow, and with a wide design, riders with large feet won't get toe and heel drag as they rip up the terrain.
- Construction Cap construction
- Base UHMW extruded base - the very best extruded base material available for crisp clear graphics and a low maintenance ride
- Carbon Steel Edges Full wrap Rockwell 48º carbon steel edges
- Rubber Foil Dampeners We use rubber foil along the edges for a smooth ride and a strong bond
- Non woven tip and tail inserts We use a non woven fabric inserts in the tip and tail for increased durability
- Bii Axial Stitched fiberglass 2 separate layers of 0º and 90º bias fiberglass stitched together to foam and strong durable board and to maintain the original ride characteristics longer
- Full wood core Our core feature 1" stringers of poplar which have a great strength to weight ratio. We reinforce this with with bamboo stringers along the inserts for increased strength and durability
- ICP2112 topsheet material A strong durable topsheet material that provides for vibrant graphics
- UV lacquer coating We apply a UV lacquer coating to prevent graphics from fading
- 12 pack of stainless steel inserts we use 2 12 packs 2x2 of stainless steel inserts to provide the maximum number of stance options
- Zero Camber with late kick
|Effective Edge (cm)||115.7||117||117||121||121||123||126|
|Tip Width (cm)||28.6||28.8||28.8||29.4||29.4||29.8||30.1|
|Tail Width (cm)||28.6||28.8||28.8||29.4||29.4||29.8||30.1|
|Waist Width (cm)||24.6||24.7||24.7||25||25||25.3||25.5|
Boarded 1-2 times a year for 15 years.
It is reasonable that you could ride a shorter board like a 159cm. Not with this 2117 deck though. This is a more entry level ride that will not give you the response and stability you want in a shorter board. I would look into a Burton Nug: http://www.the-house.com/search.html?keywords=Nug or this GNU Pickle: http://www.the-house.com/9856gnsmpcw15zz-gnu-snowboards.html as better options for you to ride short.
I want to start progressing my snowboarding into park after riding for about a year and getting comfortable on a snowboard. I ride in southern california usually bear so i want to know if this board is the right board for me at 155W?.. thanks again
These 2117 Snowboards are good entry level decks designed to allow you to explore the mountain and develop some skills. They are fairly basic though. The 155W will work for your weight, but that is as short as you would want to venture. The 159 would work too, and might be more stable. For more detailed info do not be afraid to chat with our Snowboard Specialists: 1 (800) 409-7669.
This is always a tough decision! First, how many times a year does she intend to get out? How young is she (still growing)? If she is looking to make snowboarding a regular occurrence it may be cheaper to buy her own stuff. With your own equipment you will have better performance... and it is even a little safer as your equipment is specifically set up for you! I worked at a rental place for a while, it is not a bad option, but there is nothing like having your own stuff!
Generally I suggest that riders with size 11+ boots ride boards that have a waist width of 25.8cm or wider UNLESS the boots have Shrinkage Reduction Technology.
Weight: 205 lbs
Skill: Beginner/intermediate...but closer to intermediate.
I've always boarded with a standard width board without any issues. Would you recommend switching to a wide board like this one?
Generally I suggest that riders with size 11+ boots ride boards that have a waist width of 25.8cm or wider UNLESS the boots have Shrinkage Reduction Technology. Most boards that have this width are Mid-Wide or Wide boards. However, you do not necessarily need to change something that is working for you.
My footsize is 10 Male US.
My Weight is ~180 lbs.
My Height is 5 ft 11 inches.