K2 Kung Fujas Skis w/ Marker Squire 11.0 Shizofrantic Bindings
Pep Fujas created a pro-model to conquer everything on his mountain hit list. Laps in the park, wide open bowls, pillow lines, tree skiing, and even bonks and jibs are all fair game on the Kung Fujas. This one-ski quiver is designed with All-Terrain Rocker and a 102mm waist to handle diverse terrain and snow conditions. You can also remove the tip and tail rivets and attach the K2 pre-cut skins for a further adventure. Add another notch on your (black) belt.
br>Freeskier Editor's Pick
- ALL TERRAIN ROCKER: ROCKER: Easy initiation, versatility, agility. All-Terrain Rocker features an elevated tip for variable and soft snow performance, as well as camber underfoot for power, energy, and edge-hold in firmer conditions. Simply put, All-Terrain Rocker offers versatility and ease in all snow conditions.
- SCHIZOFRANTIC INSERTS: The K2 inserts allow for super fast mounting of the new K2/Marker Griffon and Squire SchizoFrantic binding system without the need for drilling. Additionally, the increased surface area of the insert rings provides 67% more pullout strength than that of standard binding screws. The Schizo binding itself uses the tested and proven Triple Pivot Elite toe and Inter Pivot Heel with an ultra lightweight, low stand height track and cable system that enables you to mount once and adjust a full 6cm along the ski from core center for the park to traditional center for powder.
- BI-DIRECTIONAL TAPER: The tip is still wider but closer in width to the tail. This allows the ski to perform exceptionally well while skiing in the forward direction but the taper enables the skier to have similar switch arc for better and more consistent switch riding.
- TIP AND TAIL HOLES: Holes in the tip and tail are not only the attachments points for K2 skins, but they also fit the functional needs of a backcountry skier including the ability to build a rescue sled or construct various ski anchors. The holes are equipped with removable plugs.
- TWIN TIP SPECIFIC SKI SHAPES: Unlike other categories in the K2 line, our twin tips are designed to ski in both directions. The demand for products that perform increasingly well either way is now the norm. K2 has exceeded that challenge by developing unique radius and taper angles to maximize the skis’ bi-directional performance.
- POWDER-SPECIFIC TIP DESIGN: The widest point of a powder tip is 7cm back from the standard contact point. The design adds stability and predictability while skiing and is less likely to hook or grab in light crusts or variable conditions.
- TWIN TECH SIDEWALLS: This new Twin Tip specific construction process increases the durability of sidewall skis. A traditional sidewall construction produces a 90-degree angle where the top material and sidewall meet. The Twin Tech construction actually rolls the top material into the sidewall reducing the angle that is prone to abuse.
- PLATES AND RIVETS: K2 tip and tail rivets have evolved to allow the addition of a pre-cut climbing skin onto the ski for all your backcountry access needs.
- ABSORB - ABS /URETHANE HYBRID SIDEWALLS: This horizontal sidewall construction sandwiches a urethane layer in between ABS for shock ABSorption, lessening the impact of harsh landings to the rider. Urethane is used under foot to maximize dampening, but ABS is used toward the tip and tail to maximize performance and edge control.
- 3.5 MM EDGES: Factory Team skis use thick, durable steel edges. It is far more resistant to cracking for a more durable, longer lasting ski.
- CLIMBING SKINS
- TRIAXIAL BRAIDING: Triaxial braiding consists of braiding fiberglass around a wood core to provide torsional rigidity for added control. Developed in 1988 by K2 engineers, the patented triaxial braiding machine interlocks strands of fiberglass around a milled wood core. While flex and torsion vary depending on the wood, Triaxially braided skis share the common traits of ease, forgiveness, responsiveness, and energy in both expert and entry level skis.
- Sidecut: 133/102/127